Question
Posted by: allison | 2009-02-12

clots heavy period

im 41 yrs, have no children and have a history of ovarian cysts and endometreosis. My periods are always painful but not unusually heavy, however last month on the 3rd day of my period i felt an odd sensation and had to run to the bathroom, large clots came away with alot of bright red blood, it totally freaked me out. i was using a tampon at the time and the clots and blood just came right through. Im thankful i was at home when it happened, i have never lost so much blood during my period before. The next day my period was normal again. My cycle varies between 26 and 28 days. What do you think caused this? Could i be entering menopause? Many thanks.

Endometriosis can cause heavy periods. If this is not under control, it may be the cause.