Question
Posted by: Annette Myburgh | 2011/06/27

Clopidogrel

My husband has a prescription from a cardiologist for Clopidogrel Winthrop 75m after a stroke last year. I handed the new prescription in at a different pharmacy which gave us a different product which just says Klopidogrel 75 without the winthrop. Is this the same medication?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Anette

There are a number of generic Clopidogrel product available, and Clopidogrel Winthrop is one of them (Winthrop is the name of the Pharma company that manufactures that specific product). As long as the active ingredient is Clopidogrel and the strength is the prescribed 75 mg, you need not worry.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/06/28

Hi Anette

Reply to pharmacist