Posted by: mabebeza | 2009-03-25

HI DR my gynae has put me on clomid, it is my first taking, i took 5-9 days and he said i might ovulate btween 18-23 so when is the right time for me to be pregnant cause i had intercouse on the 22 so does that mean i might be pregnant. he said to me if i see my periods i should come back to him so that they can book me for HSG, i already had a pelvic x-ray the result came and he said there`s nothing wrong i dont have fibroids and cycts, so do you think something is wrong or maybe my fallopian tubes are blocked? I did all the tests from papsmear to hiv they all came negative.

Dear Mabebeza

The ovulation period with Clomid is incorrect and it is very abnormal to ovulate between Days18 and 23. With Clomid the more common ovulation window period is between Day 12 and 16 and it is valuable to monitor ovulation by either urine testing (LH testing kits such as Clearplan) or by ultrasound scanning. I would certainly suggest that the HSG be done to rule out possible fallopian tube problems. Also remember that a sperm analysis is part of the fertility work-up.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: mabebeza | 2009-04-17

hi dr i went for hsg on the 14 of april09 so i want to know my chances of falling pregnant. the first day of my last period was the 4th april09 till the 7th april09. after i have done the hsg how quick it is to get pregnant? i really need to a have a baby please help.

Reply to mabebeza