Question
Posted by: Rae | 2010-04-30

Clomid - PCOS

I''ve had PCOS since 2006. I''ve was on Glucophage in 2007 June - Dec, Diane 35 in 2008 June - Dec, Yasmin and Estrofem in 2009 March - March 2010. My husband and i want to try have a baby. So i started talking Clomid and Estrofem in March 2010.

Had my period like normal for 3 days while taking Clomid. Day 21 done the Progestrone test it was 1.9. Was 7 days over due for my period so i went back to the doctor. done a pregnacy test - Negative. Done a progestrone test 0.7. Still no Period he told me to start talking clomid again this time with Glucophage starting day 2.

Its now day 11 and i still haven''t had my period .... could there be something else wrong?

Please help ... :-(

Dear Rae

I am not too clear why Estrofem is added to your treatment with the Yasmin as well as with Clomid as this may interfere with the function of both these medications. The Estrofem may also directly interfere with ovulation and therefore I would recommend that you have this rationale of treatment reviewed. It is not uncommon to use Estrofem after ovulation has taken place were the endometrium (lining of the womb) is sub-optimal or too thin as deemed by ultrasound scan. From the information provided I believe that your ovulation induction methods need to be re-examined and if need be a different stimulation protocol needs to be instituted either by increasing the dose of Clomid and doing ultrasound monitoring or alternately looking towards the injectable stimulation drugs with proper and regular monitoring.

Answered by: Dr. M.I. Cassim

4
Posted by: Rae | 2010-05-10

Thanks Doc,

Just to let you know i am not using Yasmen anymore.

Only Clomid and Estofem ....

Reply to Rae
Posted by: Rae | 2010-05-04

and i know what PCOS is ..... thanks

Reply to Rae
Posted by: Rae | 2010-05-04

Hello Becky,

I''m already on Clomid ..... Nevermind!!

Reply to Rae
Posted by: Becky | 2010-05-02

With Pcos its not unusual for your cycle to vary or to only have a cycle once every few months. The best would probably for your dr to give you a script to bring forward your cycle so that you can start the clomid. Good Luck

Reply to Becky