Question
Posted by: Bee | 2012/03/14

Clomid and late period

Hi there GyneaDoc,

I am ovulating every month and have a regular and normal 26day cycle.

I am on my 1st cycle of Clomid, though.... not because I have a problem with ovulation, but because hubby has an 8% morphology and we have been ttc for a year now. I went onto Clomid, just to try and up the changes of getting preggies.

On Clomid, my left ovary felt very heavy and a dull pain, which, I hope, means that I ovulated more than one egg.

I am 8 days late today. I did a pregnancy test on the 3rd day of skipping my period and it was negative.

What could the reason be for my late period? I ovulate without the help of Clomid.... does it mean that Clomid is actually preventing me from ovulating, as I am not getting my period.

I don''t understand what is going on in my body.

Thank you kindly,

I would suggest that you repeat the pregnancy test now.If your ovary is still painful, you may have ovarian hyperstimulation and should see your doctor immediately. I hope that you did not use the Clomid withour supervision.

3

Posted by: Bee | 2012/03/14

Hi there,

I just took another preg. test and it is negative again.

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Nini | 2012/03/14

Perhaps a second pregnancy test is in order.

Reply to Nini