Question
Posted by: ME | 2010-11-08

Clomid &  IVF question

Thanks for answering my question 89 about clomid, in what cycles is it normally prescribe to for men?

Other thing, we decided to try a IVF cycle early next year but from what I read regarding the meds, all the woman started on a form of contraception, now I have a bloodclotting problem and my gynea told me to never use any form of contraception. What would the root then be for me to start?

Dear Me

Clomid can be prescribed for men in cases were they have a very low testosterone level. It works by increasing the FSH and LH and thereby increasing the testosterone production in cases with low testosterone that affects sperm parameters. There are many regimes and protocols in IVF treatments. The ultra short or antagonist protocol does not necessarily require the use of the contraceptive before starting. In this particular case you would start with IVF from the second day of your menstruation without contraception.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010-11-16

Dear Me

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert