Question
Posted by: Clare | 2010/01/07

Clomid 50mg

Due to me not ovulating my Dr prescribed 50mg clomid which I take days 5 –  9. My first cycle of clomid showed I did ovulate at this dosage. I have just received my third day21 (progesterone test) results which show that for the third month in a row I have ovulated. I am just getting worried that there may be other problems as I have not fallen pregnant yet. My husband was tested and is normal. My Dr noticed I have a slightly elevated insulin level and corrected it with 1 x 500mg glucophage daily. He said that he wasn’ t convinced I have pcos because I do not have any of the other “ symptoms” . I would also like to know on +- day 14 I have severe pain in my abdominal and below areas, mostly very sore all round and uncomfortable to walk. Sometimes feels like a full bladder. I have experienced this all three cycles. Could this be when I am ovulating? I am 26 my husband 27, neither drink nor smoke however we do have stressful jobs. Can you offer some professional opinion? My dr said he would like to do 6 cycles of clomid and if no pregnancy occurs then he would investigate further.

Thanks in advance
Clare

Dear Clare

Provided that you do not have blocked fallopian tubes and/or extensive endometriosis, the treatment approach thus far seems to be logical and adequate.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/01/12

Dear Clare

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert