Question
Posted by: Bee | 2012/02/15

Clomid

Hi there Doc,

I am ovulating every month, but I was wondering if I take Clomid and super-ovulate... if it would increase my chances of falling pregnant? (Hubby has a morphology of 8%).

Thank you kindly.

DEAR BEE

CERTAINLY USING CLOMID WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF CONCEPTION ABOVE THE BASELINE AVERAGE. HOWEVER AT THE SAME TOKEN THE CHANCES OF MULTIPLE PREGANCY WILL ALSO INCREASE BUT THIS IS A CALCULATED RISK. I WOULD RECOMMEND THAT YOU START WITH A LOWER DOSE OF CLOMID INITIALLY AND ONLY STEP UP THE DOSAGE AFTER 3 OR 4 CONSECUTIVE FAILED CYCLES. IT IS BEST TO USE CLOMID UNDER SUPERVISION OF A GYNAECOLOGIST OR FERTILITY SPECIALIST AS OCCASIONALLY THERE MAY BE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS ASSOCOATED SUCH AS OVARIAN CYSTS AND OVARIAN HYPERSTIMULUTION SYNDROME.

ANSWERED BY: DR M.I. CASSIM

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2012/02/28

DEAR BEE

ANSWERED BY: DR M.I. CASSIM

Reply to Fertility expert