Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2011/03/04

Clomid

Please advise on the average success rate on taking clomid as a treatment for unexplained infertility. I think I am ovulating most months and regularly get my period between 26-28 days cycle.
I heard about clomid and am very interesting in trying it. We have been ttc for 3 years and no success.

Please also advise on side effects.

The problem with unexplained infertility is that there is obvioulsy a reason which has just not been found. I can't give you figures for the success rate for Clomid in this situation. Perhaps the Fertility expert can help.

3

Posted by: desperate | 2011/03/04

Yes - I had one two years ago and have other tests to say everything seems fine, so it just looks like unexplained infertility

Reply to desperate
Posted by: Jessica | 2011/03/04

Hi There

Have you had a laparoscopy? I also took clomid and fell pregnant with twins in the first month. But it whould be pointles if your tubes are blocked for example. You should also have sex from day 14-16. Good luck!

Reply to Jessica