Question
Posted by: Gia | 2009/10/15

Clomid

What is clomid and how does it help one to fall pregnant and is there any side effects.

It stimulates ovulaiton f you do not ovulate on your own. SIde effects include nausea, overstimulation of the ovaries and multiple pregnancy.

6

Posted by: Fufu | 2009/10/16

I have taken Clomid myself but with no luck for two months now though for me my periods are not regular.It works for others hope it works for you, am hoping it will finaly work for me as i unstand that there is no danger in using it for a couple of months. Goodluck

Reply to Fufu
Posted by: Janine | 2009/10/15

Well, either it' s the side effects, or it' s the start of your period, or hopefully very early signs of pregnancy! However, period and pregnancy symptoms are almost exactly the same, so you will have to wait for a missed period before you can test, otherwise the test will come out negative, even if you are pregnant, as it' s too early to tell.
but I had those same smyptoms wtih clomid, so good luck.

Reply to Janine
Posted by: kiki | 2009/10/15

Ive just taken clomid and suddenly after two weeks i had terrible pain in the stomach and for 3 days now i have back ache accompanied by mild cramps.

What could this be?

Reply to kiki
Posted by: Jacqui | 2009/10/15

I battled for over a year to fall pregnant after my daughter (she is 4 and half now). my Gynae gave me Clomid because it turned out i was not ovulating. I had no side effects at all and i took it for one month. I went to the Dr around when my next period was due as i thought i had a cold i couldn' t shake, but it turns out it was a symptom of pregnancy, i discovered i fell pregnant over Christmas ' 08, after 1 month on clomid - not sure if the constant blocked nose was a side effect of the clomid but it came and when throughout the pregnancy

I now have a healthy 6 week old baby girl and will be paranoid from now on everytime i have a blocked nose:)

i had the

Reply to Jacqui
Posted by: Janine | 2009/10/15

in basic lamens terms, clomid makes you ovaries swell so that it makes it easier for the sperm to find and fertilise. I had alot of pain in my abdoment when I took it. It made me moody, I had headaches and back pain too. But in all honesy, if it' s succesful then it' s worth it. I stopped after 1 month' s use bacause I am too senstive, but if you' re not like me then it' s worth a try.

Reply to Janine