Posted by: makeledi | 2009-09-23

I would just like to find out, I have has a lapascropy surgery two months gao, due to ovarien cyts, we are ttc but nothing seems to be happening, can I go back to my gyn and ask her to prescibe clomid for me?usually how long does it take to conceive after such surgery.

Dear Makeledi

The answer depends on what the laparoscopy established in terms of problems. Should there be ovulation related problems then this may require some form of ovulation induction using either Clomid or similar drugs. If all was normal and cycles are regular and ovulatory then a period of 9 months of unprotected regular intercourse is appropriate before further intervention.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim