Question
Posted by: Trying | 2009-07-21

Clomid

My Dr said I should drink 100mg per day for cycle day 5 - 9 because I did not ovulate on 50mg on the first try.

I bought Clear blu tests from day 10 - 16 when I used the 100mg Clomid and those tests did not show that I ovulated.

Is this possible that I could not have ovulated on 100mg or might I ovulate later?

Dear Trying

It is possible that you could not have also ovulated on a 100mg or might have also ovulated later however it is also possible that the Clearblue test maybe be giving you a falsely negative result. I would suggest that if on a 100mg the Clearblue test still remains negative and you are having regular periods then you should rather do an ultrasound monitoring of follicle growth on Clomid, this will give you a better indication if folliculogenesis is taking place and whether ovulation is taking place.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo