Question
Posted by: Lindy | 2008/07/14

Clomid

Hi, i've been on clomid 150mg for about 3months now. I got me period on the expected days last month and this month. How long do you think I should be on this dosage. I'm trying to conceive and I have PCOS.

Dear Lindy

I am not sure as to what dosage you started with clomid, the normal recommendation is 50mg per day for 5 days starting on approximately day 3 to day day 5 of ones cycle. One will then need to ascertain as to whether ovulation is taking place on that specific dosage. If ovulation is taking place on 50 mg, then there is no need to go onto a higher dose. If however ovulation is not taking place then one could go as high as 150mg to try and see if ovulation is taking place. However this is considered a very high dose and should be taken under strict instructions and observation by your doctor. If however, despite using 150mg of clomid you are still not ovulating, then one would require to use injections to help you ovulate. So to answer your question as to how long you should be on this dosage would be a difficult one to answer as I do not have the full history of your circumstances and how long have you been on the lower doses before this.