Question
Posted by: eli | 2011/08/05

cloment

hi
i take 25 mg of cloment at night. i find it makes me drool in my sleep. same with leponex.
i see my doc in two weeks time.
i dont know how to minimise the drool.
thank you

Interesting question, eli. to be frank, I don't know. Some meds give one a very dry mouth, which is unpleasant, but easier to deal with by sucking flavoured sweets. Reducing drooling I'm not so sure about. It is definitely a recognized side-effect of Clozapine, in about a third of the people using it. Interesting, it doesn't appear that Clozapine actually causes us to produce more saliva, but it may slightly disturb our usual process of swallowing it without noticing that we're doing so.
A number of drugs have shown some benefits in reducing this complaint, but these need to be carefully judged by the psychiatrist prescribing your meds, so as to avoid complicating the over-all situation.
So do discuss this with your treating / prescribing doc, who can help you to make the ebst plan for achieving the best treatment results and the least complications

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/04/15

I have had Parkinsons Disease for 18 years and have recently been put onto Cloment (or Leponex) for hallucinations. Is there anyone out there with similar treatment

Posted by: Joh Hansen | 2015/03/11

I noticed the drooling too.

Reply to Joh Hansen