Question
Posted by: Uncomfy | 2009/10/14

Clitoris is swollen for days

I am seventeen, and I seem to be having a problem, though it occurs somewhat sporadically. My boyfriend fingers me, but I never have an orgasm, and afterwards, the swelling of my clitoris is supposed to go down, right? I have had a swollen clitoris for up to three days, with the swelling very slowly diminishing over the course of time. I don' t think this is supposed to happen, and it proves to be very uncomfortable —  any time I bump into anything, it' s like a shock wave. Please help.

There are a number of possibilities, the most likely of which is hyperstimulation - or too much stimulation of the clitoris causing irritation. This would be made worse if you are not sufficiently aroused/lubricated (a dry finger on rubbed repeatedly over the clitoris would really irritate it). This might account for the lack of orgasm (pleasure turns to irritation) and sensitivity when wearing tight fitting clothes/jeans etc. However, there is another possibility and this would be a condition known as priapism of the clitoris (men can get priapism which is where their penis remains hard for more than 3 hours and this can cause damage to the tissue - it is considered a medical emergency; very rare in women but possible). You should have this checked out; if this happens again, go to your doctor or the emergency room as you don't want permanent damage to the clitoris.

If it is the first one - too much stimulation, both you and your boyfriend need to learn how to stimul

6
Posted by: Uncomfy | 2009/10/20

Thanks Bev :) I have condoms on standby, just have not told him..in case he wants to rush things.:)

Reply to Uncomfy
Posted by: Bev | 2009/10/18

Go see your gp or even a gynae cause it shoul not b like that so long. Another thing, if U go to full intercourse just make shure U take precautions. at your age the last thing U want is pregnancy, Hiv, or std' s. If U can' t behave then at least be careful.

Reply to Bev
Posted by: Uncomfy | 2009/10/16

I have orgasms when I masturbate on my own without any problems, sometimes 3 times in a day. Its mostly in the early mornings in the shower/bath &  late in the night after a hot bath.Im only swollen for max maybe 2hours or so then.With my bf I am always quite wet and he is gentle,but just dont orgasm. I have masturbated on my own just after his been with me but have orgasmed just 2 times so far so far...but have still remained swollen for upto 3days.Even after a day being swollen when I masturbate its too sensitive and not reach orgasm. My bf thinks that i donr love him since i do not orgasm which is not the case, I am worried that the same will happen if we started to have intercouse.

Reply to Uncomfy
Posted by: Magnum | 2009/10/15

Get your biyfriend to put wheel bearing grease on his finger, it is waterproof,

Reply to Magnum
Posted by: GENTLY DOES IT | 2009/10/15

I think your BF is being too rough with you or you are not lubricated enough. I' m also surpised you have not reached orgaism as he seems to know where to rub. I assume you masturbate so do you experience the same problem, ie swollen clit and not reaching orgasism ? Keep us posted.

Reply to GENTLY DOES IT
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/10/15

Reply to Sexologist