Question
Posted by: Carina | 2012/04/09

Clinique or Environ

Hi there,
I''m having trouble choosing between two skincare brands. I''ve been using Clinique''s products and their Youths surge moisturiser for a couple of years with no problems. A year ago I''ve starting getting spots and the pigmentation on my skin has increased. My beauty therapist wants me to start using Environ products but I''m afraid that the high concentration of vitamin C and alpha hydroxy in their products might increase my pigmentation even more. I''m turning 30 this year and want to start a good anit-ageing regime as well. Which brand would you recommend?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Carina, thank you for the questionand my apologies for the delay with my response but I was away attending an overseas congress.

I am a firm believer in using alphahydroxy acids, polyhydroxy acids, vitamin C, and vitamin A derivatives for one’s skin. Your ‘anti-ageing’ regime starts with a good SPF (50 or higher that must contain zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide) and it should be non comedogenic.
Pigmentation may be difficult to get rid of using a topical product only but it definitely is a start; there is no evidence that alphahydroxy acids and vitamin C will increase the pigmentation in fact the exact opposite.
The use of a topical product range is completely up to you and if you have been happy with Clinique’s range then continue to use it but to start an anti-ageing regime one would need to consider adding the ingredients I mentioned above.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/04/17

Reply to anti-ageing expert