Question
Posted by: Confused | 2011/06/29

Clinical Psychologist vs. Psychologist

What is the difference between a Clinical Psychologist vs. Psychologist. I would like to get counselling as feel that I need help getting thru depression and anxiety but I am not sure who I should be contacting.

A clinical psychologist is a fully trained psychologist who in adition to their academic training, has been trained and supervised in assesing and counselling people with psychological problems. All clinical psychologists are psychologists, but not all psychologists are clinical psychologists - some have speialized, rather, in educationsl problems, or in industrial applications of psychology, or in research.

1