Question
Posted by: B | 2010/08/26

CLINIC

Hello,
Under what circumstances will someone be admitted to a clinic,for a mental problem

There are no special circumstances I could list. I wonder, are you WANTING to be admitted, or scared that you might be admitted ?
Any good doc assesses you, makes a diagnosis, and discusses with you the available treatment options. If the situation seems an emergency and you seem at risk of harming yourself, for instance, or if a short period of more intensive treatment is considered a good idea before returning to outpatient treatment, the doc might suggest a short period as an inpatient. You should be able to discuss with the doc how you feel about this, and make a decision informed by his advice

1