Posted by: Rox | 2010-01-26

Clicking of back

Hi Doc,

My husband and I often " click"  each others backs. I will lie flat on the floor with my arms either above my head or at my side and he applies equal pressure with both hands down the side of my shoulder blades and back. and visa versa for him.

I just want to find out if this is bad for our backs, we both feel relieved after our backs have been " clicked" ..

Your views would be appreciated.

Expert ImageChiroDoc

If you drive an expensive motor vehicle - would you do all the servicing etc yourself??? Sometimes one may experience a degree of relief doing what you do, but there never is any guarentee that what you are doing is indeed correct.
It certainly is not advisable to continue with your home "clicking" - rather consult an expert if you are experiencing any discomfort.