Question
Posted by: Rox | 2010/01/26

Clicking of back

Hi Doc,

I will post this on ChiroDoc as well, Just want your views on it..

My husband and I often " click"  each others backs. I will lie flat on the floor with my arms either above my head or at my side and he applies equal pressure with both hands down the side of my shoulder blades and back. and visa versa for him.

I just want to find out if this is bad for our backs, we both feel relieved after our backs have been " clicked" ..

Your views would be appreciated.

xRx

Hallo Rox
What you basically do is re-align the small lateral joints of the vertebrae. I would not recommend that one does this without some training by a physiotherapist or chiropractitioner as someone with arthritic changes in the back could get more damage from the wrong technique.

3
Posted by: Rox | 2010/01/27

Thanks for your response doc :)

Reply to Rox
Posted by: Rox | 2010/01/27

Thanks for your response doc :)

Reply to Rox
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/26

Hallo Rox

Reply to cyberdoc