Posted by: AntMos | 2009-03-04

clenched fists

My fists clench tightly in my sleep and only unclench when I wake up. This leaves my hands painful all day. They are not sore at the joints but rather in the fleshy parts, the skin feels too tight for the fingers. What can I do about it?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This sounds like an anxiety condition. Perhaps you should discuss the possibiltiy of using something at night for anxiety. You should discuss it with your doctor.

Posted by: DL | 2009-03-13

I also find that I am watching tv or reading and I clench my fists without realizing it. I am definately not stressed out and have done this for many years. the doctors are too quick to put people on anti depressants and this can lead to having many side effects. It is a habit that I think some people have. get yourself a rubber stress ball and use it at night when you watch tv. maybe your fingers will become relaxed and tired before you do go to sleep. DL

Reply to DL
Posted by: antmos | 2009-03-06

I dont think it is anxiety as I clench my fists even when completely relaxed and not at all anxious. Could it be something in my diet that triggers it. I have actually been slightly better the last few days but I am not sure what I have done differently. Any suggestions?

Reply to antmos