Posted by: Jade | 2008-11-11

Please tell me if this is a steroid or not !! what is it used for and what are the side affects??

Hi Jade

It isn't, actually, it's what is called a beta-2-agonist. It is found in asthma medication, and the reason for your possible confusion is that its role in asthma meds has nothing to do with the actions of a typical steroid. So taken in the inhaler form, it's quite different. You can also buy clenbuterol in tablet form, and it's used to cause rapid weight loss, and help maintain muscle mass and strength. It's an illegal drug, not found in any approved medical products, and it would also get you banned if you were ever caught using it in competition.

Possible side effects of Clenbuterol include restlessness, palpitations, tremor (involuntary trembling of fingers), headache, increased perspiration, insomnia, possible muscle spasms, increased blood pressure, and nausea.

Overally, given that it's both illegal and potentially harmful, I'd say rather avoid it (assuming you're considering using), and stick with safe and tested methods.