Posted by: sunshine | 2009-02-04

Clearplan Ovulation test &  PCOS

Hi Doc,

I read a previous posting where you recommended the clearplan. Can you still use it if you have PCOS or will the results be inaccurate? I have heard that if you have PCOS you may get false positive tests.

Dear Sunshine

In patients with severe polycystic ovarian syndrome who have in addition very high endogenous LH levels may cause a falsely positive Clearplan ovulation test. But as a general rule this does not pose much of a problem because at the time of ovulation the Clearplan detects a LH surge, which is usually a very high level of the LH hormone, which is unlikely to be so high on a regular basis in patients who have PCOS.

Answered by: Dr Y. M. Dasoo

Posted by: Dee | 2009-02-10

Its notworth it if you have PCOS, you will get inaccurate results.

Reply to Dee