Question
Posted by: Ru | 2009/05/24

clearing pigmentation (spots)

WHAT CAN I USE TOPICALLY AND TAKE ORALLY TO CLEAR THE HORRIBLE SPOTS I HAVE ON MY FACE? I HAVE TRIED SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS WHICH HAVE ACTUALLY MADE ME WORSE OFF THAN I ALREADY WAS AND I JUST NEED SOMETHING TO CLEAR THEM COMPLETELY OFF MY FACE.i CAN AFFORD EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS SO IF YOU CAN SUGGEST THINGS THAT ARE REASONABLE BUT EFFECTIVE. MY SELF ESTEEM IS JUST GONE BECAUSE OF THEM. AM JUST 24 AND DON`T EVEN HAVE CONFIDENCE TO DATE.
HELP ME

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Ru, thank you for the question.

Your best approach would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and acne and advise you on the best treatment options.

Some important at home tips for the treatment of acne are as follows:
Do not traumatize, pick or squeeze the acne in any way
Gently wash the face twice daily
Do not use exfoliating scrubs or granular washes – this will aggravate the acne
Avoid the sun
Use only oil free topical products including sun protection and makeup

Please go to my webpage at www.dralek.co.za and click under the respources tab the skin and acne classification. This will allow you to visually grade your acne and from there (once you have graded the severity of the acne) the appropriate treatment regimes will be listed.

We often recommend the NeoStrata NeoCeuticals range for oily and acne skin:
Clear Skin Solution
Spot Treatment Gel
Clarifying Facial Wash
Oil Free Lotion SPF 15
And when necessary Oil Control Gel

Depending on the grade one may need to consider oral antibiotics, hormone treatments, or Roaccutane.

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/25

Have you tried roaccutane? I suffered from acne, and the only thing that worked for me was roaccutane, my skin cleared up in 2 weeks. You need a doctors prescription and it is quite expensive and you need to use it for about six months.