Question
Posted by: Art | 2009/10/14

Clear Nail - toenail fungal treatment

Has anybody tried the product " Clear Nail"  which comes in a pen that you paint on your toenails to prevent a fungal infection from spreading. Apparently, the ingredients (mostly plant extracts) seep into the nail and kill of the fungus, but you have to use it continuously for the first 30 days, twice a day, and then once a day thereafter until the old nail grows out (roughly 3 months)

I just wanted to establish whether there have been success stories with this product and if you can share this with others?

Many thanks!

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Art

I would avoid using this product, I have not yet come across someone who has successfully treated a fungal toenail infection with it. Fungal toenail infections are very difficult to treat, at best using a combination of oral and topical medication. The best 'non-prescription' medication available is Loceryl, a clear nail varnish. It can take up to a year to treat a nail regardless of the medication.

Chris

5
Posted by: Andora | 2016/03/03

I bought " clearnail pen" in Southafrica to treat some kind of fungus that I have contracted in nail salon. After filing the white stuff off I applied the clearnail twice or more a day and the result was satisfactory. Actually I am going to buy more to have it as emergency.

Reply to Andora
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/09/20

I had great success with this product.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/14

I have used it for a month and stopped. The toe is sore, the nail yellow and skin around the nail is weeping! Don't know what will happen to the nail. Don't recommend using it

Posted by: Anonymous | 2013/09/08

I have used the product successful. My ENT doctor prescribed it for me after he diagnosed me with fungus infection. My nails were turning back and falling off but after i used the product, the black nails cleared within a month and half and i had a re-growth on the lost nails.

Posted by: Foot expert | 2009/10/16

Dear Art

Chris

Reply to Foot expert