Question
Posted by: Wes | 2011/01/24

Cleansing Product with 600mg /Magnesium

I am taking a cleansing product that has 600mg of Magnesium in it.

My concern is, is this safe to take for the 10 days it suggests?

I have seen that 350-400mg is supposed to be the HIGH END of your Daily Consumption, so this concerns me...

Thanks!

Hi Wes
You are correct 350-400 mg is a safer dosage to take, taking higher dosages for a longer period can cause mineral imbalances in the body. Magnesium oxide (like milk of magnesia) is however not well absorbed, so it pulls water into the bowel, causing a laxative effect. It can wash out potassium from the body causing cramps and may interfere with folic acid and iron absorbtion.

3
Posted by: CD | 2011/01/26

Hi Wes
I would advise you to use it only occasionally if you really battle with constipation but try to avoid using regularly or for long periods on end
dr Bets

Reply to CD
Posted by: Wes | 2011/01/24

So, would you recommend taking less of it (smaller dosage), or is it okay to take for 10+ day? Thanks in advance!

Reply to Wes
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/24

Hi Wes