Question
Posted by: Sue | 2010/05/26

Cleansing diet

Dear Doc. Could you please give me a diet that will clean out the bad bacteria in my colon. Although I am very hygiene conscious etc.... i am getting repeated vaginal bacterial infections (e coli, Proteus mirabilis etc.) and just don''t know what else to do. So thought maybe i need to clean out my colon. Thank you so much!

Dear Sue
I would recommend that you start using probiotics ('good microorganisms') both by mouth (Bifidoflora) and vaginally (Vagiforte Plus). You can buy these 2 probiotics at health shops or from dietitians. These good microorganisms will combat any negative or pathogenic bacteria in your colon and vagina. Cleaning out the colon is not advisable as you will also knock out any good microorganisms (like Bifidobacteria) that may be present. I trust that you are taking the correct antibiotics to eradicate these pathogens. If so, take the probiotics 3 hours after taking your antibiotics so that you don't kill the good bacteria.
Holding thumbs that this condition clears up now

2
Posted by: ESTELLE STUCKI | 2010/06/10

Dear Sue
You should also investigate SEXUAL ACTIVITY.
If you are active, you and your partner could be infecting and re-infecting each other. This cycle should be addressed by treating both partners until the condition is cleared.
Lets hope you need not investigte the origen of the pathogen.

All the best!
E

Reply to ESTELLE STUCKI

Dear Sue