Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2010/05/13

Cleaning Vagina of a 5 year old

How am I meant to clean my 5 year-old daughter’ s vagina, how often(she bathes twice a day)? 3 different people give her a bath and all 3 of us do it slightly differently. I tend to clean it same way I did when she was a baby i.e. wipe it clean with warm water on a cotton wool. 1 of the other 2 leaves the white film intact as they read somewhere that it shouldn’ t be fiddled.

There is no special way. Do the same as you do for yourself.

5

Posted by: Nads | 2010/05/14

A good soap to use is Aquabar, available from Dischem as it does not actually contain soap or fragrance or anything harmful.

Reply to Nads
Posted by: me | 2010/05/14

Yes the vagina is self cleaning but ONLY only on the inside!!! the outer parts needs to be washed with soap and water. if you have sensive skin use a mild white soap. Please you cant just rinse with water, its the same as a man just rinsing his penis with water!!?? It WILL smell of old urine.

Reply to me

the vagina is self cleaning and if she is bathing twice a day i think that is sufficient. i would not recommend washing with soap as it may irritate her skin. teach her to wipe correctly when she uses the bathroom and to wash with water when she is in the shower or bath. at five, i think she should be in charge of cleaning her own private parts and her caregivers should only supervise.

Posted by: me | 2010/05/13

What white film??? You clean all vaginas the same way with soap and water. Use any dove (unfragranced) soap.

Reply to me