Question

clean + press

I read in Mens Fitness magazine that the clean + press exercise floods your system with muscle-building hormones, is this true? Are there any other exercises that have the same effect?

Any weight training system "floods" the system with hormones. It's a little dramatic, I must say, but that's pretty much what happens any time you train. And it doesn't even need to be weight training, any exercise does it - growth hormone levels spike, so do the anabolic hormones. I don't think there's any reason to suggest that the clean and press exercises would do this more than any other - that's just a claim to hype up the exercise.