Posted by: ami | 2009-09-04

clavicle pain after meal?

Ever since trauma surgery (emergency laparotomy - splenectomy &  left lung contusion - chest drain) in November 2007, I' ve developed a pretty painful ache beneath my left clavicle. This ache only appears after a big meal. I remember getting this same pain the first time while still in ICU every time my GIT did something, What on earth could this be? A nerve connection between the stomach and the clavicle area?
Your response is appreciated.

Expert ImageShoulder Doc

Dear Ami,

i am not sure what the cause is: i am a shoulder joint specialist and it sounds as if your problem is related to the stomache and oesophagus- you should see your doctor who would refer you to the appropriate specialist

DR Joe de Beer