Question
Posted by: Roekeya | 2009/10/29

clavicle bone

My 15yr old son was injured in rugby.He went fr xrays and was told his clavicle bone was bent inwards.also that it was not serious and nothing could be done to rectify it,Pls advise

HI Roekeya

Well, does it affect his normal movement and function? If not, then I'd agree with the doctor who has said it's not serious. If it's affecting his ability to pick up heavy weights, or to throw, or perhaps his flexibility, then it may be worth seeking a second opinion. I'm not a orthopedic surgeon, but I can imagine that this would be a tricky thing to repair. I can only imagine that they'd have to deliberately break the clavicle in order to repair it.

However, none of this might be necessary, because it may very well be an innocuous injury. I'd judge it according to the symptoms, and if he experiences no pain or discomfort, then it's ok to leave alone

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/31

HI Roekeya

Reply to fitnessdoc