Question
Posted by: Anzil | 2010/09/03

Clarity

My GFs period is late. She had it late last month, last week in july into first week in August. She has''nt been keepin track of it. She is muslim an has been fasting since 12 August, as it is the fasting period now. We always use condoms when we have intercourse and we always check if there were no breakages in the condom, as we would pour water into it to see for any leakings. Could her fasting play an affect on her late period ?. She has been complaining of period pain and been getting discharge.

Dear Anzil

It quite common that when a woman is fasting her normal menstrual cycle can be affected. The fact that she maybe a little bit late and that she is now experiencing some period pain then there is a possibility that the period may be coming soon. I would suggest wait another week and if there is still no period then do a pregnancy test to ascertain if she has fallen pregnant or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/09/08

Dear Anzil

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: Dee | 2010/09/06

Its very possible. Do a pregnancy test to be sure.

Reply to Dee