Question
Posted by: Amy | 2012-06-20

clamentin and pregnancy

Dear doc

I am 16 weeks pregnant and has a terrible flu (upper airway infection as well). My doctor prescribed me Clamentin 375mg 3 times daily for 5 days. For pain and fever only panados and then also some Iliadin nose spray.

Are my baby harmed in anyway? Because then I would rather not drink the meds. Doc said it will all be fine but now you know old wives tales as the pharmacist thinks differently????

I am scared now as I already took them for 2 days already!

Amy

Clementin will not harm your baby and Panado is also safe to use. You can replace the Iliadin nose spray, with a saline nasal spray. You have to take in a lot of clear fluids and get as much bedrest as possible. It is important to prevent a high fever during pregnancy and I therefore, do suggest that you complete the course of oral antibiotics.

3
Posted by: Teresa | 2016-08-07

Hi im 20weeks pregnant my doctor prescribed clamentin 1000mg for nasal congestion. I have had a miscarriage before of antibiotics now im scared to drink any antibiotics

Reply to Teresa

Can i use Clamentin 375mg 3 times daily for white discharge on my penis?

Posted by: Nqobile | 2012-07-30

Im a breasfeeding mom,breasfeeding a 3months old baby.
I have flu,will it not harm my baby,or is it suitable for both of us?

Reply to Nqobile