Posted by: Kenny | 2009-01-19

CLA supplement

I'  m 55 years old and was told to take CLA'  s to help with weight loss. I have just started gym and my wife uses the power plate. Are these suppliments safe to take? I was also told never to take them without exercise? How much exercise do i need to do to take these safely? Also is this safe to take with other medication?

Thanks Kenny

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Kenny

Well done for still being active at your age!!! CLA is not the best weight loss supplement to take, although it is safe. Rather visit your local Dischem and ask them about Teavego which is taken in conjunction with Omega 3 – it often comes in a pack called T-slim. This is the safest and scientifically backed fat burner on the market. It is also an anti-oxidant and can be taken with any other medication – just be cautious of the Omega 3 if you are a bleeder or on blood thinning medication.

Good luck and happy training!