Posted by: SL | 2008-12-12

CLA or Phedra-Cut?

I train about 6 times a week, both cardio and weights (more cardio...either running or swimming) i am looking to burn fat, lose weight, tone and appear ' cut' ...
i currently take CLA with each meal, but am wondering if i shuld swop to Phedra cut to achieve my objectives? which would oyu recommend please generally? have been on CLA for some time now and not quite seeing dramatic differences and wondering if i should swop...?
do you take phedra-cut with each meal as well? can' t afford to take both, it is too expensive and surely not good for you? can you take phedr cut over a long period?
thanks for great forum!

Neither is especially effective, to be honest with you. The only decent quality study that i know of on CLA found that it reduced body fat percentage by 1% over about 8 weeks, which is nothing. So it's not effective.

At least it's seemingly safe - Phedra Cut has been banned in many countries, most recently Denmark, because it was implicated in a few cases where people using it died. THe same happened in the USA, banned because there were a few deaths. Given the possibility, however small, that taking it could kill you, then it hardly seems worth it, especially when you consider that there's no evidence that it actually works. So you have this enormous risk, with a very poor possible benefit. Then it's an obvious decision.

THe CLA hasn't caused any change either - it doesn't, as I've mentioned. It's teh training and diet that is important, but also don't be too hard on yourself with regards to the progress you've made. These things take time, and you might just need to give it a bit more time. I'm not sure how long you've being doing this, or what your weight is, or what you do in training, but dramatic differences are unfortunately the thing of mythology. The reality is that it takes a long time and lot of work.

Remember that borh is supplements, which supplement a good diet and exercise, and is not a remedy. I am on phedra cut, it works great fot me. Each person is different with a different body and mind. I do find that when I do have any aife effects, it is because I haven't use the product right, for example eat within 40 minutes after taking the pills.