Question
Posted by: hubble | 2013/01/24

CLA and Roaccutane

Dear DietDoc

I read that CLA may influence vitamin A absorption in the liver, is it safe to use if I am on low dose (10mg/day) Roaccutane?

Dear Hubble
I must admit that I have not yet read of interactions between CLA and Roaccutane. Both these substances are metabolised in the liver, but although Roaccutane is a retinoid derivative, the fact that you are using such small doses (10 mg/day), should not cause a problem with CLA. If you are worried, please ask your Dermatologist who prescribed the Roaccutane to clarify this query for you.