Posted by: Yvette | 2009-03-30

Hi Doc,

what is CLA and would it actually work for weight lose?

Dear Yvette
There are some indications that conjugated linoleic acid or CLA can help with weightloss, but the research is still in the relatively early stages, so I cannot say if it will promote weightloss or not and what level of exercise you need to do. I have not heard that it is potentially harmful, but we are still waiting for more concrete research results to answer these questions.

Posted by: Talita | 2009-04-03

Studying Dietetics at the moment, in our Nutrition classes last year when we were talking about ' fads'  CLA was one of them - it proved successful in mice but not in humans. Oh and btw, Oxygenated water is also a hoax. The intestine has no reseptors for oxygen, only the lungs are designed to provide the body with oxygen.

Reply to Talita