Question
Posted by: Rose | 2013-01-21

CKD

My husband''s GFR has gone from 29 to 25 to 23 within the space of six months. I know this is Stage 4 CKD and wondered if you could tell me if it is ineviatble that it will go on to Stage 5 and thus dialysis and if so will this be within months or years?

Rose

Chronic Kidney disease is a progressive loss of renal function over a period of months or years. Each patient responds differently and it is therefore, very difficult to predict how long it will take before he reaches end stage renal disease. I suggest that you discuss this with your husband's nephrologist.

Please keep me posted.