Posted by: Bubu | 2009-09-01

City 2 City

Hi doc,

im planning to do the city to city race now in Sept for the 1st time. the longest race i did b4 was a 42 km, and im busy training 4 this race. i just wanna know in terms of the diet what to ea and also not to loose too much weight. im a sz 32 currently.

Looking forward to your response.

Hi Bubu

I'm not sure I follow - do you need a diet for the race (the day or two before, or the day of), or is it a longer term diet?

For a diet, I really would suggest that you see a dietician, because one can't just recommend what foods to eat over the internet - one size does not fit all. So you have to be careful, and eat only what works best for you. So I really would suggest that you see a dietician.

Posted by: 42yrs old women runner | 2009-09-01

Have potassium-rich food, banana and baked potato
Have complex carbohydrates, pasta and whole-grain bread, this is no time to have low-carb diet.

If you are female, you are losing iron when you get your ' periods' , have iron-rich foods, spinach and raisins.

Drink six-eight glasses of water on a daily basis to counteract dehydration that will cause you leg cramps. Remember you will be in the road/sun for 50km.

Reply to 42yrs old women runner