Question
Posted by: Snippie | 2010/11/17

Citrus fruits and Vit C

I would like to know if naartjies have more or less the same Vit C content as oranges (or other citrus fruits).
Oranges are such a mess to eat and naartjies are a lot more convenient.
I know that berries have more Vit C than citrus fruits, but they are not always as readily available.
Thanks.

Dear Snippie
According to the SA Food Tables naartjies contain 31 mg of vit C per 100g, while oranges contain 53 mg of vit C per 100g. Strawberries for example contain 57 mg of vit C per 100g. Guavas contain 184 mg of vit C per 100g, so they are probably the best source of vit C.
Enjoy

1

Dear Snippie
Enjoy