Question
Posted by: Kayla | 2010/02/03

CITICS!

there' s nothing wrong with simply slim.. they explain all the side effects on the box so everyone that takes them knows whats going to happen and the idiots who got to the doctor from the side effects is because they not drinking ther 3 litres of water with a balanced diet so they' re pathetic hypocondriacts and you people are just trying to run them down because they' re doing dam well and nothing else on the market can beat them.. they' ve changed peoples lives, so you people and the dutchman magazines can shove your opinion up your ass..

Dear Kayla
Now, now let's not get political - this is a diet and nutrition site, not a political forum. It is also not a place to be rude.
Anyone who drinks 3 litres of water a day in addition to their normal liquid intake will in any case develop electrolyte (sodium and potassium) deficiencies (the electrolytes are washed out of the body via the kidneys) and start feeling very ill. Severe electrolyte imbalances can lead to fatalities (examples of such fatalities have occurred during the Comrades Marathons). I also do not think anyone with arrhythmias or angina pain can in all fairness be labelled as a hypochondriac. I will be interested to see if the government will ban this product in the same way that they banned all products that contain epinephrine, including many popular over-the-counter slimming pills that can have potentially lethal side-effects.
Take care

2
Posted by: Janette | 2010/02/03

From my understanding, people' s bodies respond differently to drugs, so just because you evidently did not experience side effects, certainly doesn' t mean others won' t experience potentially lethal side effects. There are many cases of other drugs where this is case in point. Take for example the simple allergy. One person can happily take penicillin, while another can have serious adverse reactions to it. Or a non-allergic reaction, one person can have a flu shot and not even experience any site pain, while another will develop life threatening guillian barre syndrome.

Quite why one would want to take dangerous drugs to lose weight is not something I understand.

Reply to Janette

Dear Kayla
Take care