Question
Posted by: Jes | 2009/11/12

Citalopram (Cillift)

Dear Gynaedoc

I am currently 4weeks pregnant - and have been taking the generic of Cillift which is Citalopram 20mg daily - will it be at all harmful to my baby to continue with my ad' s?

Please advise

many thanks

It does not harm the baby.

2
Posted by: Lizelle | 2009/11/13

HI

I am no doctor but i am on cilift and my cousin is on one as well and we were both advised to ween ourselves off before we fell pregnant.
I managed to do so and have now gone back on it again. My daughter will be 3 early next year. My cousin however battled to be off her ad' s and has vowed to never go off them again and for that reason cant have another baby (or i should say wont) as she can not face being off her medication. Perhaps get a second opinion.

Reply to Lizelle

It does not harm the baby.