Question
Posted by: Carine Gerber | 2012-07-12

Citalopram and Lorien

I was using Citalopram for 6 months and now the clinic gave me Lorien because they are out of stock. Will I experience noticeable symptoms/side-effects when I start using Lorien?

Probably not. There are a number of alternative generic versions of citalopram, but Lorien ( a generic form of Fluoxetine, originally marketed as Prozac ) is a member of the same family of drugs, with a similar chemistry, so problems are unlikely. COnsidering how consistently state / provincial health authroties muck up making basic drugs available ( like textbooks in Limpopo ) we should probably be pleased there was at least a supply of a similar drug.

1