Question
Posted by: anon!01 | 2010-11-29

circumsion

Hi doc
my husband suffers with the foreskin drying and cracking, and when its pulled back it gets little tears, it is also so tight hubbies penis goes blue, yet he still "  perfoms"  he has finaly agreed the discomfort is too much now and we want him to have a circumsion -

how long will he be in hospital for?
how long does healing take?
will the feeling seriously be lost in his penis as that is his main concern - desensitatsion?

also i would like my son to be done also seeing to prevent the same problem happening to him in future - he is only 4 months old - should we wait rather until he is potty trained

Dear Anon!01
He needs to see an urologist for the circumcision but he may need treatment first - it sounds to me as if he has a yeast infection. Maybe if this is cleared he may not need circumcision at all.
It takes about a week for a circum to heal and it is a day procedure so you would go home the same day. I would advise you not to circumcize your baby unless there is a definite problem. He won't necessarily develop the same problem as his dad.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-11-29

Dear Anon!01