Question
Posted by: Worried | 2011/02/23

Circumsicion gone wrong

my aunts son who is now 20years.went for circumsicion 2weeks back.it went wrong had to be admitted for a week.came back home for the weekend.on monday an ambulance had to come fetch him.i dont really know what happeneed.i am ver worried.my question is how can it go wrong when whoever was doing it is their job.now the doctor call my aunt saying he want to take her son to his home so he can treat him there.i mean what is that?is ther anything that we can do?

please help

I understand that you're oried, though this is not really a psychiatric question. There are many ways in which a circumcision can go wrong, espeially when, as is often the case, it is done by someone without proper training in how to do it safely and not with full antiseptic precautions to prevent infection ; and in situations where the capacity to handle a problem such as extra bleeding, or anything else that might go wrong, is limited ot just not available.
No proper medical doctor would dream of taking a patient to his home to care for if something had gone wrong, or indeed in any situation.
I think the young man sould NOT accept that weird invitation, but should insist on being treated only by properly qualified medical graduate surgeons and doctors at a proper hospital.

1