Question
Posted by: Carla van Rensburg | 2011/06/07

circulation problems, pain in lower back and legs

I have been experiencing pain in my legs for approximately 3 weeks now. They started off feeling very heavy, and now have either a constant, burning pain or sharp shooting pains in my legs. Cold showers help for the immediate relief of pain. I presume this is because of poor circulation, since during this period I have acquired various spider veins that I never had before. The tips of my big toes are numb, and I get pins and needles in various places regularly, especially in my coccyx. I now also have lower back pain. I am a 22year old female, so I don''t think that circulation is a problem that I should be having yet.
I have been for acupuncture, which did relieve the pain a little, and am taking a medicine called ''Antistax'' (acquired in Italy where I currently live). This does help with the circulation and after all this the pain has become better, but it is still very much there.

I have been checked out by a Osteopath here, and been told that my bowel is the problem. My stomach is swollen and filled with air and is pressing against my lower back nerve, causing the circulation problems. Is this possible? He told me to eat according to my blood group and to stress less. Should I rather visit a doctor in a different field or am I in the right place?

I am really at a loss and will only be able to visit a doctor in South Africa in one month''s time when I return. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Carla

Expert ImageOsteopath

Hello Carla,
Please consult a local GP for their opinion while you are away.
When you return home I would advise you to see a clinical nutritionist who can thoroughly analyse your gastointestinal tract.

1
Posted by: osteopath | 2011/06/10

Hello Carla,

Reply to osteopath