Posted by: Karen | 2012-07-06

Im a 45 yr old, 51kg, active woman. I am feeling the cold a lot. When I go outdoors in the cold my fingers go red and painful and my toes go numb and red and swell later and get painful and make walking difficult. When Im indoors and sitting and I start feeling cold all over my fingernails go white/pale blue. I have also been waking up at night with my hands and some fingers numb on both hands. My feet also tingle a lot. If I lay down on couch with my feet up I cant sleep for long as my feet get tingly and numb. Sometimes my lips tingle and burn for no reason. My hair is also falling out a lot.
Is it my circulation? I had sugar tested. It was 4.6.
I also had vertigo for 4 weeks and severe headaches with it. I also struggled to remember things and name things.
I do have hypertension and am on meds for it. My BP is average 100/62 now. It was 95/55 3 months ago so it has gone up a bit.

I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and blood tests, to exclude hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid). Your symptoms can be attributed to a poor functioning thyroid but other possibilities, like anemia, will also have to be investigated.