Question
Posted by: Mark | 2008/07/25

Circular rash behind ear

I DISCOVERED A CIRCULAR RASH BEHIND MY EAR ABOUT THE SIZE OF A 5c COIN, IT HAS A WELL OUTLINED BORDER. AS FAR AS CAUSING IRRITATION, IT DOES NOT CAUSE ANY DISCOMFORT AND IF MY WIFE HADN' T POINTED IT OUT TO ME, I WOULD HAVE NEVER KNOWN THAT IT WAS THERE. COULD THIS BE RINGWORM AND IF NOT WHAT COULD IT POSSIBLY BE? WHAT TREATMENT TO YOU RECOMMEND?

Mark

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that is a ringworm or a form of eczema. I suggest that you consult your GP to have the area examined. This way a proper diagnosis can be made and you can start with the correct treatment.

Kind regards