Posted by: D | 2009-10-02

Cipramil generic

My doctor is considering to chance my meds to cipramil or its generic. I saw on one of the health 24 pages that cipramil is 200 something and Cilift R 56 - can you please tell me if this information is current?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi D

These are the Single Exit prices, meaning this is the wholesale price of these meds (The price at which the pharmacy buys it). Cipramil is R271.48, and Cilift 63.33.

Posted by: Robyn | 2016-03-17

Hi, I am currently taking Ciprimil 20mg daily for almost 2 months. I have suffered extreme burnout over many years and now I am constantly tired (menopause doesn't help!). The Cipramil at my pharmacy charges R370. Is there any way I can order from you at R271,48? I can email my script for proof. The reason I do not take Cilift is I tried just over 1 year ago and put on a stack of weight and it also made me like a robot. I couldn't even show affection to my young children. I am 44 years of age. Generics just don't work the same as the originals - there's a reason for the price difference. Also, my husband is on Cilift and he has idiosyncrasies that are almost impossible to live with (repetitiveness, alcohol, purposeful irritation, subjugation). Please help if you can assist with Cipramil. Many thanks

Reply to Robyn