Question
Posted by: Kate | 2008-11-19

Cipralex-is weight loss a side effect?

I have been on Cipralex for roughly three months. I have steadily lost 5 kilograms but am not exactly sure if the weightloss started when I started my meds. Is this weighloss a side effect and if so, will I regain the weight when I go off the meds in January?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Kate,

Yes, weight loss is a potential side-effect of this group of drugs. You should be able to regain the weight easily.

The drug may also cause loss of appetite which may further add to to your weightloss

1
Posted by: Sara | 2008-12-08

I lost 3kg while on Cipralex and my system worked like clock work! My doctor switched me to Wellbutrin and my tummy is a knot even senikot does not help. I switched to wellburtin on the 24 November. I am considering going back to Cipralex. My question is, have I given my system sufficient time to adjust or should I change back to Cipralex?

Reply to Sara